Tuesday

NaNoWriMo...

...Is actually in November, but I don't care! I am going to write 50,000 words in 30 days anyway. (NaNoWriMo is a...a...a thing that challenges writers and non-writers all across the globe to do just that thing. For more information, see the NaNoWriMo website.) Right now. Not set to any one month!

Actually, I'm too impatient to wait to start until November, but whatever. Now, some might say this is a little nuts of me, once they take into consideration my busy schedule at this juncture, but whatever! What's a little inter-continental travelling got to do with writing, anyhow? To them I say "You are probably right, but I'm going to drive myself insane ignoring your advice anyway!" I fully intend to write my 1,667 words a day until I have 80,000. And yes, I know I said 50,00 before, but that was in a month. I'm going over a month. I am not constrained to society's expectations! I am free and unfettered!

Actually, I'm just too lazy to write the number of words per day required to make 80,00 in a month. But, again, whatever. In case you are interested, which you are probably not, my book is about a girl who goes to learn Alchemy at a prep school and gets involved in a battle between two schools of Alchemy that have existed since basically forever. There's magic. And school. And neon green lab coats. And zombies.

Anyway, it is 5:05 AM and I am going to bed now. I have the sneaky suspiscion I'm supposed to wake up before ten in the morning a few days from now, and I'll never do it if I keep going to bed at ungodly hours such as this one. No offense to the hour.



2 comments:

Ronnie said...

You are cuckoo! Did you forget about camp?! :-)

Ronnie said...

Quirky tag, you're it!

It's Randi's fault!